Lighthouse View in Southwold is a comfortable and welcoming holiday cottage sleeping four people in two bedrooms.
Lighthouse View in Southwold is a comfortable and welcoming holiday cottage sleeping four people in two bedrooms. This early-Victorian cottage is by St.James' Green in the very heart of this attractive coastal town. From the front door it is just yards to the promenade and sea.
Not only does Lighthouse View offer an excellent holiday location but Southwold's landmark lighthouse stands just over the wall of the cottage's rear courtyard. The fully-operational lighthouse is accessed from nearby Stradbroke Road and is open on certain dates for visitors to climb up to the top to enjoy the wonderful views. Children (and perhaps adults) will be captivated by the gentle rotation of the lights from the lighthouse in the evening.
Car parking is freely available in the immediate area. Indeed you may park your car on arrival and not use it again throughout your stay.
Owners Russ and Sue are happy to share their delightful cottage with holidaymakers who would love to experience this wonderful location in the charming town of Southwold. Children over 4 years are welcome as is one well-behaved dog.
For the young and the young at heart this super seaside cottage has so much to offer.
Lighthouse View is light and fully modernised, with gas central heating to radiators throughout, but retaining many period features such as latch doors, cottage stairs with stairs door, fireplaces and sash windows. There are framed items of interest and paintings throughout. Open the front door and step into the
- Lounge: A homely room with stripped floorboards and central rug. Wall-mounted bookcases. Feature fireplace housing a gas coal-effect fire together with fireguard. Two sofas, nest of tables and table lamps. 'Smart' enabled TV. This provides access to On Demand TV such as BBC iplayer, Amazon and Netflix (but you will need your subscription codes to gain access to Amazon & Netflix). There is also a DVD player. DAB radio. Door to:
- Dining Room: With stripped floorboards and rug. Window overlooks rear courtyard. Central pine table and chairs for four. Pine dresser containing crockery and cutlery. Cottage stairs lead up behind latch door. Understairs cupboard housing domestic items. Through door step up to:
- Kitchen: A galley Kitchen with both floor and wall units, well-lit by spotlights. French windows open on to Courtyard. Feature bow window overlooks courtyard in addition to sash window. Tiled Kitchen floor. Facilities include gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, freezer, washing machine, and fridge. French doors to:
- Courtyard: A useful area with high walls which wraps around the rear of the cottage. Wonderful view of lighthouse proudly towering above. This features a table and four chairs. Secure gate to side passage. The Courtyard could be handy for bicycle storage and also for those sandy buckets and spades, ready for the next visit to the beach.
Carpetted cottage stairs lead up from the Dining Room to a landing off which are the three upstairs rooms.
- Front Double Bedroom: Carpetted with king-size bed, vi-sprung mattress, feature bath, skylight with a view of the lighthouse (with electric blind) and fireplace (not in use) and high ceiling. Benefits from the morning sunshine. Built-in wardrobe with chest of drawers plus additional bedroom furniture, long mirror and flatscreen TV. Two bedside tables with lamps.
- Rear Twin Bedroom: Carpetted and with window overlooking courtyard and lighthouse. Twin beds with central table and lamp. Built-in storage. Mirror.
- Bathroom: A new contemporay bathroom with two shower heads, wc, washbasin with mirror over plus shaverpoint. Window to rear with a view of the lighthouse.
- Super-fast Wi-fi (up to 80 Mb/s) is available at the property from late August 2020.
- Open all year. Weekly bookings are Saturday 6pm - Saturday 9:30am.
- Short Breaks, three nights minimum out of season.
- One well-behaved dog welcome, at additional charge. Not to be allowed on furniture or upstairs, nor left at the property alone.
- Children aged over 4 years welcome.
- Tariff includes linen, but please bring own beach towels.
- Gas central heating. Gas hob and electric oven. All heat and power included.
- Car parking is freely available in the immediate area on a first-come first-served basis.
- Please note that due to cottage stairs Lighthouse View is unsuitable for those with limited mobility.
Contact Russell Hall:
Email Russell Hall
Sat Nav Reference:
|NB: DAY = This night is booked.
Availability updated: Monday 15th August 2022
Lighthouse View, Southwold
|Tue, 05 Jan 2021||Sat, 13 Feb 2021||£480||£330|
|Sat, 13 Feb 2021||Sat, 27 Feb 2021||£510||N/A|
|Sat, 27 Feb 2021||Sat, 27 Mar 2021||£480||£330|
|Sat, 27 Mar 2021||Sat, 29 May 2021||£590||N/A|
|Sat, 29 May 2021||Sat, 05 Jun 2021||£890||N/A|
|Sat, 05 Jun 2021||Sat, 17 Jul 2021||£740||N/A|
|Sat, 17 Jul 2021||Sat, 04 Sep 2021||£980||N/A|
|Sat, 04 Sep 2021||Sat, 02 Oct 2021||£720||N/A|
|Sat, 02 Oct 2021||Sat, 23 Oct 2021||£590||N/A|
|Sat, 23 Oct 2021||Sat, 30 Oct 2021||£710||N/A|
|Sat, 30 Oct 2021||Wed, 22 Dec 2021||£490||£300|
|Wed, 22 Dec 2021||Wed, 05 Jan 2022||£900||N/A|
|Wed, 05 Jan 2022||Sat, 12 Feb 2022||£490||£340|
|Sat, 12 Feb 2022||Sat, 19 Feb 2022||£590||N/A|
|Sat, 19 Feb 2022||Sat, 02 Apr 2022||£490||£340|
|Sat, 02 Apr 2022||Sat, 16 Apr 2022||£690||N/A|
|Sat, 16 Apr 2022||Sat, 30 Apr 2022||£590||N/A|
|Sat, 30 Apr 2022||Sat, 07 May 2022||£690||N/A|
|Sat, 07 May 2022||Sat, 28 May 2022||£620||N/A|
|Sat, 28 May 2022||Sat, 04 Jun 2022||£910||N/A|
|Sat, 04 Jun 2022||Sat, 23 Jul 2022||£770||N/A|
|Sat, 23 Jul 2022||Sat, 03 Sep 2022||£1050||N/A|
|Sat, 03 Sep 2022||Sat, 01 Oct 2022||£750||N/A|
|Sat, 01 Oct 2022||Sat, 22 Oct 2022||£590||N/A|
|Sat, 22 Oct 2022||Sat, 29 Oct 2022||£800||N/A|
|Sat, 29 Oct 2022||Sat, 12 Nov 2022||£540||£360|
|Sat, 12 Nov 2022||Thu, 22 Dec 2022||£490||£340|
|Thu, 22 Dec 2022||Thu, 05 Jan 2023||£920||N/A|
|Thu, 05 Jan 2023||Sat, 11 Feb 2023||£490||£340|
|Sat, 11 Feb 2023||Sat, 25 Feb 2023||£590||£400|
|Sat, 25 Feb 2023||Sat, 01 Apr 2023||£510||£360|
|Sat, 01 Apr 2023||Sat, 15 Apr 2023||£640||N/A|
|Sat, 15 Apr 2023||Sat, 29 Apr 2023||£590||N/A|
|Sat, 29 Apr 2023||Sat, 06 May 2023||£690||N/A|
|Sat, 06 May 2023||Sat, 27 May 2023||£620||N/A|
|Sat, 27 May 2023||Sat, 03 Jun 2023||£910||N/A|
|Sat, 03 Jun 2023||Sat, 15 Jul 2023||£770||N/A|
|Sat, 15 Jul 2023||Sat, 02 Sep 2023||£1050||N/A|
|Sat, 02 Sep 2023||Sat, 30 Sep 2023||£750||N/A|
|Sat, 30 Sep 2023||Sat, 21 Oct 2023||£620||N/A|
|Sat, 21 Oct 2023||Sat, 28 Oct 2023||£800||N/A|
|Sat, 28 Oct 2023||Sat, 11 Nov 2023||£540||£360|
|Sat, 11 Nov 2023||Fri, 22 Dec 2023||£490||£340|
|Fri, 22 Dec 2023||Fri, 05 Jan 2024||£920||N/A|